Friday, August 22, 2008

Overtime

Counted the days I forgot to feel,
and learnt of the nights I struggled to remember
how you look when you're not even near me.

Counted the days I forgot to listen,
and learnt of the nights I heard you whisper a stray line.

Counted, I counted, and I learnt that
from where you are,
I am a petal in the field,
I am a pearl in the trees.
And yet when the morning comes,
I have not changed.
I am still the grain in the desert,
and I am not the song in the wind,
but I am still the bud that may become your flower.

1 comment:

*reshma* said...

your feelings come forth so clearly through your writing..
missing someone is painful..
ive missed reading your work Nish and ive missed being your critic..
Hope good things come your way..hope it gets easier to handle all the present emotions an difficulties..
you have an art my friend..as ive mentioned several times before.. :)