Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Two-way Ticket Over Life.

And to soar.
O'er the heads of the unweary.
Shut eyes, oblivious yet sore.
A nod after dawn,
Asleep to escape the unacceptable.

O'er the heads of mischief,
Minions to accomplish nothing.
Yet they bring grief and heavy hearts,
Waking unto the new morrow.

O'er the heads of the wise.
Dwelling in residences of moral.
Bringing the light upon minds,
To guide, and ward away errs.

O'er the heads of lovers,
Locked in promise and faith.
Silhouettes under the moonlight,
Beside some star-glazed lake.

O'er the mountains giants,
O'er the seas.
O'er the trees of beauty,
O'er the trees of shade.

O'er to the border of life.
O'er to the yet unexplored.
O'er to the non-stirring graves,
But a leaf rustles over agin.

O'er the non-stirring graves,
O'er the dust of men.
Yet all remember the names,
Of the blanketed.

To soar o'er fields of sorrow,
To soar o'er plains of pain.
To walk unfound o'er giants,
To sail across beauty and shade.

And to soar.
Soar o'er meadows of silence.

2 comments:

Shalaka said...

One word - WOW!

This is one of my new all-time favorite poems! It makes complete and absolute sense..

You have this wonderfully unique way of writing. Once i start reading one of your posts/poems, i can't stop until the last word.

I'm in love with your poems!

Insignia is going to be one of my most visited blogs - I'm warning you in advance:P!

Anonymous said...

I told you already :)
I love this poem!
From what I've seen, it's the best poem you've ever written!
You said you might make a second blog for poetry and I'm really really glad you did! :P
Great post!
Blog on!

P.S. Can I give in one of your poems to voices? I won't if you don't want me to.. but I really think you've got talent and you shouldn't waste it! =]!