Monday, June 1, 2009

For one day, they shall see me again.

I am everything.
Sullen and damp beneath an endless light.
I am drifting,
and a cold song cleanses the air,
carresses the violet sky.

I am everywhere,
and the empty night is alive,
a shadow of my endless journey,
a beacon on my endless path.
I am gone,
but the gutting, jabbing, stabbing, piercing, prodding, boundless pain remains,
a silhouette behind the light of my many undreamt dreams.

I am a tourniquet,
a pain to kill the pain,
a bitter to sweeten the bitterness,
a failure to justify the failure,
a force to move the force,
a light to darken the light,
a dream to wake the dreamer,
a song to sing the silence.

I am here,
and the darkness of the night in your hair is the song I sing.

I am the seed unsown,
the plant ungrown.
The sleeper who hears the wind in the wind.

4 comments:

Nilay said...

Welcome back after quite some time. Well anyways i liked the bit about the torniquet, the pain to kill the pain and the song to sing the silence.

Sonia said...

I love that when you write, it's so detailed but yet, vague enough for the audience to gather their own interpretation of the situation.

This poem, it's definitely the best you've written to date.

Anonymous said...

uffff..ff.

seriously, dude, u think too much of urself.

Advita said...

"a light to darken the light,
a dream to wake the dreamer"

Loved it. =)