Friday, June 1, 2007

Rhys and I wrote this poem in grade 8.

Seconds away from my blind existence,
I have a Faith that keeps my alive.
This power is mine for the taking,
Yet I must continue to strive.

My short-circuited nerves have left me on my own,
But I'm balancing well on the edge for now.
Forsaken, my soul is slipping away,
I know I must get it back, but how?

My soul is my whole,
My soul is my role,
And letting it go is sad.
Yet immortality does beckon,
And bravely I reckon,
That this isn't half so bad.

Stuck between Nadir and Zenith,
Stuck between love and hate.
My mind is fraught with earthly demons,
To live forever is my only fate.

Detiny controls us, but why?
Why are we slaves to our hate?
Don't we control our own actions?
We live or die is decided by Fate.

Forgive me if I die on my own,
I would like to take you with me.
You know I will get you after all,
There is naught you can do to flee.

External dismission and internal conviction,
Has left me all by my own.
The world has destroyed me, I've lost my integrity.
And must venture into the unknown.

Corrupted and twisted,
Surrounded and misted,
These bonds I cannot break.
Alone I must stand,
In this forbidden land,
There's not much more I can take.

The noise of the crackling, smouldering amber,
Does nothing to calm my soul.
Havoc building inside me, from Grace I did fall,
Never again will I be whole.

2 comments:

Shalaka said...

Oooh!! You and Rhys wrote this in 8th :O?! I seriously think you should name it and them make it a song. And like I told you before, you've got to make the chorus,

"My soul is my whole,
My soul is my role,
And letting it go is sad.
Yet immortality does beckon,
And bravely I reckon,
That this isn't half so bad."

I really love that paragraph.

Hehe - This line made me laugh :
"My short-circuited nerves have left me on my own," :D:D!

I loved it!

Anonymous said...

yr th best man niishhii -- really disturbing tho..ouchh.but my favourite one is "thoughts of a condemned prisoner"..*and the fire within me burns out*.. =] luv ya!